Play By the Rules
Coaches can help create a positive sporting environment and reduce poor behaviour by being good role models. To do this they can:
- Emphasise trying hard and having fun, not only winning. Use our Let Kids be Kids resources and videos to promote positive messages at junior sport.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake.
- Take a look at our Guidelines for working with children information sheet. This will help you with strategies to manage potential problem situations with young people.
- Communicate with parents — arrange a pre-season meeting to discuss expectations.
- Always greet and welcome parents.